Introducing Your Child To Literature

Over the past few years I have wondered if this is the last era of fine literature. In fact as a writer I'm wondering if I should even bother to write a novel or anything of that sort, because I'm wondering if anyone will read it. Most people tend to have a very low attention span, and I imagine the next generation coming up and those after that are only going to get worse due to the information flow on the Internet and the speed at which all of this content is delivered. I'm not the only one that thinks this you can ask any English teacher in high school, they will tell you the same thing. Okay let's talk.

As parents, it's important for us to introduce our children to literature. Get them to read more, and even if they start out merely reading Harry Potter, maybe that is a worthy endeavor. No, I don't wish to promote the occult, witchcraft, or anything else, but if the Harry Potter series gets children to read and reading at a very young age, then I would say it's all good. Nevertheless, parents also need to introduce their kids to the classics, all those literary classics that we've read. They may not read them in school, and I imagine that the way our schools and education system is set up today will be different in the decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment